The older I get, the more I find myself seeking subtraction.
– Ruthlessly deleting emails from the inbox
– No more chair at my desk
– Cancelled cable subscription in favor of Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime on a smart TV
– Limited social media time killing. Sorry Facebook friends…it’s been a while!
– No online chat at work [This one is fantastic! I get so much done without chat interruptions]
– Hiding email when I’m dedicated to a single task
My unproven theory is that by subtracting the nonsense I will have more room for what is important. I have no idea if it’s working. But I do have more time for picnic table-beer swilling-water skiing.